Frequently Asked Questions
- Abstracts / Meeting Books
- Arrival Day
- Bringing Family
- Communication / Internet Availability
- Global Health Travel Awards
- Lodging / Resort
- Mobile App
- Recording Devices
- Special Needs
- Username / Password
Travel - FAQs
- How can I get from the airport to the conference?
- Are there rental car discounts available to Keystone Symposia attendees?
- Should I book my pickup/return ground transportation at the same time?
- Where can I find information about airport delays?
- What should I bring to make the conference experience more enjoyable?
- Footwear made for winter weather, i.e., hiking boots, rubber-soled shoes. Winter coats, gloves, hats, sunglasses and sunscreen are highly recommended.
- Aspirin, acetaminophen, some snacks (i.e., peanuts, dried fruit)and a water bottle to be used for the duration of your stay. These items can be expensive at resorts.
- The meetings are resort-casual in dress [khakis, jeans, casual shirts, sweaters]. Clothes that can be layered for outdoor / indoor environment will work best.
- For winter activities, bring waterproof ski pants, ski jackets, hats, gloves, etc.
- Calling cards or phone cards are an excellent alternative to avoid the typically high hotel guestroom phone fees. Verify that the cards are valid in the U.S.A. and Canada before purchasing.
- How should I convert currency? / Can I convert currency at the resort?
- How far is the resort from the airport?
- What is the airport code for the area I am flying to?
- Albuquerque, New Mexico: ABQ – Albuquerque International Sunport
- Arusha, Tanzania: KIA – Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Asheville, North Carolina: AVL – Asheville Regional Airport
- Ashmore, Queensland, Australia: OOL – Gold Coast Airport or BNE – Brisbane International Airport
- Banff Springs, Calgary or Lake Louise, Alberta: YYC – Calgary International Airport
- Bangkok, Thailand: BKK – Bangkok International Airport
- Beijing, China: PEK – Beijing International Airport
- Big Sky, Montana: BZN – Gallatin Field Airport
- Cambridge, UK: LHR – London Heathrow Airport
- Coeur d'Alene, Idaho: GEG – Spokane International Airport
- Dublin, Ireland: DUB – Dublin International Airport
- Keystone, Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Colorado: DEN – Denver International Airport
- Killarney, Kerry, Ireland: ORK – Cork Airport
- Kyoto, Japan: KIX – Kansai International Airport or ITM – Itami Airport
- Monterey, California: SJC - San Jose International Airport, SFO - San Francisco International Airport, or MRY - Monterey Peninsula Airport
- Quebec, Canada: YQB – Jean Lesage International Airport
- Santa Fe or Taos, New Mexico: ABQ – Albuquerque International Airport
- Singapore: SIN – Singapore Changi Airport
- Snowbird or Midway, Utah: SLC – Salt Lake City International
- Tahoe City, California: RNO – Reno/Tahoe International Airport
- Vancouver or Whistler, British Columbia: YVR – Vancouver International Airport
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada: YYJ – Victoria International Airport or SEA – Seattle International Airport
- What should international travelers bring with them to the airport?
Primary forms of transportation are rental cars or shuttle/transfers. Shuttle ground transportation saves money and time as well as offers convenient schedules and a comfortable ride. If your intention while at the meeting is to explore the area, a rental car is recommended. The cost for renting a car at the airport can be significantly less than renting a car at the resort. See Ground Transportation for discounts.
Yes. Avis provides car rental discounts to Keystone Symposia attendees for conference locations in the U.S. and Canada. To book by phone, call (800) 331-1600. To book online, go to: www.avis.com/car-rental/html/meetings/keystone/index.html. To receive the discounted rate, you must provide the Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number: T487899.
Yes, discounts are available for prebooking round-trip ground transportation.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) provides a website to look up airport delays as well as other airline information.
Even if you are NOT participating in outdoor activities, we suggest you bring clothes appropriate for winter temperatures between 10 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit or -12 to 4 degrees Celsius:
Though some sites do have banks nearby, you may find it easier to convert your money in your own country at the airport or to use credit cards instead of cash. Below are sites with up-to-the-minute exchange rates for each area you are traveling to.
Details about ground transportation and drive times are included in the site information. See the Meeting Locations page for details about each destination.
It's a good idea to print your Invitation Letter and your View Payments/Receipt for the meeting...both are available by logging in to your account section of the website. Check with your airline or travel agent for specific information on what to bring (passport, etc), and to determine how early to arrive at the airport.