Global Health Travel Awards
Global Health Travel Awards (for the ) are to enable attendance of scientists, physicians, fellows or students from countries where the meeting topic health problems are endemic. The purpose of providing travel awards is to add to the diversity of experiences represented by participants at each meeting.
Keystone Symposia encourages all eligible applicants to apply for these valuable awards. The award will cover conference-related expenses to include: meeting registration, lodging, airfare and ground transportation from host airport to the resort. Awardees should be prepared for any unexpected costs of travel that may arise, such as those associated with flight changes, visa application fees, etc. The awardee accepts responsibility for such costs.
Scientists and clinicians from affected countries are valued and crucial colleagues in our mission to advance the life sciences and accelerate discoveries that benefit society.
- The amount of the awards will vary, depending on where awardees are coming from and the extent of their need.
- Awards will be based on review of application content by the CEO and/or CSO of Keystone Symposia.
- The number of awards is contingent on funding received for this program.
Note: Please check specific conference page under the Conference List for any additional financial aid opportunities.
Main criteria for selection are as follows:
- Applicant is residing in, or ultimately returning to a nation affected by the disease that is the focus of the meeting. Emphasis is placed on those from low and middle income nations.
- The application includes clear indication that the applicant's participation will have a broad impact on the applicant and his or her institution, e.g. initiation of new collaborations, teaching, etc.
- The application includes a clear indication that the applicant is both working in the area covered by the meeting and making a clinically or scientifically significant contribution to the area.
- Consideration is also given to diversity with regard to institutions and countries of origin.
To be eligible for a Global Health Travel Award, you must:
- Originate from a nation affected by the health problem of the meeting topic (see the ). Preference will be given to individuals traveling from and returning to affected nations, or individuals currently studying in one country, but planning to return to work in an affected nation.
- Per the terms of this award, employees of the National Institutes of Health are not eligible.
- Per the terms of this award, an applicant is eligible to receive one award per meeting year (July 1st - June 30th).
If you are eligible and wish to be considered for an award, complete the following by the Global Health Travel Award Deadline for each meeting. Once each step is completed, the following text will appear Step Completed! beside the step number. If you do not see this text, then you have not completed the step.
We will not accept any parts of the application via email or fax. Everything needs to be completed through your account online.
If you have any additional questions, please contact .
You must to our web site (more steps will follow when you are logged in) in order to start the application process.