Selection of New Members of the Keystone Symposia Board of Directors
Members of the Keystone Symposia Board of Directors are diverse, visionary, and strategic leaders with a strong commitment to the organization and its mission. The organization's directors must demonstrate high standards of ethics, integrity and professionalism, independence, sound judgment, community leadership and meaningful experience in science, business, law, finance or other appropriate endeavors.
In evaluating candidates for nomination as a director, the Nominating Committee will consider the minimum qualifications set forth above in addition to other factors it deems appropriate based on the current needs and desires of the Board. New members of the Board of Directors will be selected based on the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership within national or international organizations. Examples include, but are not limited to, senior managerial positions in academic or corporate research entities, ownership of independent businesses, and leaders in philanthropic organizations.
- Relevant expertise in the disciplines of organizational management. Examples include but are not limited to, branding, management, fundraising, corporate relations, finance, diversity, and strategic alliances.
- Commitment to Keystone Symposia's mission through participation in 3 board meetings a year and service on board subcommittees.
- Commitment to fundraising for the organization.
- Capacity to provide strategic vision, guidance, resources and the oversight that the organization requires.