Download Word Document
Individual Giving Coordinator
Individual Giving Coordinator plays a critical role in individual donor cultivation and stewardship efforts.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following and may be subject to change:
- Assist with planning and drive execution of annual campaign.
- Work with other team members to manage donor database through accurate and thorough gift entry, pledge reminders, acknowledgements and reporting.
- Support major gifts work through research, prospect identification and support of stewardship activities.
- Works with the Communications team to develop consistent and appropriate messaging for donor appeals and stewardship pieces, including the Direct Mail ask, Thank you, scripts, and response mechanism.
- Ensures all individual donor recognition commitments are fulfilled.
- Ensures timely fulfillment of all tasks including submission deadlines and reporting requirements.
- In addition to compliance with all organizational policies and procedures, the incumbent is also expected to behave ethically, demonstrate competence in effective communication and team building.
- College/University degree in Fundraising Management, communication or related discipline or minimum 3 years progressive fundraising experience with a proven track record of successful relationship and revenue development.
- Annual fund experience a plus.
- Commitment to advancing a culture of philanthropy and pursuing professional development opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building-skills, and natural ability to exert influence, develop personal and effective working relationships and inspire confidence and trust in donors, leaders, and stakeholders.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, consensus-building, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent computer skills and a proficiency in working with a database to track and analyze data; experience with iMIS an asset.