General Travel Tips
- See our Travel - FAQs .
- See individual lodging descriptions for specific information on resorts, transportation, weather, food, activities, etc.
- Remember that ground transportation between resorts and airports can be limited. We recommend that your flight is scheduled to arrive no later than 9pm and depart no earlier than 9am. If arriving outside of these times, confirm ground transportation prior to booking your air.
- Prior to traveling, it is generally a good idea to check for any airline updates or travel bulletins. You should check with your airline, as well as the Federal Aviation Administration website for the latest news and updates: http://www.faa.gov/ .
- Book all ground transportation in advance. While at the conference, reconfirm your return reservations.
- Travel and lodging information is provided as a courtesy. Keystone Symposia has no affiliation with any of the providers. We hope that the service provided meets your needs. We appreciate your comments.
Traveling to Canada
Travel Related Links
Please review the new requirements for US travelers to Canada .
As part of new security procedures, many visa applications are being sent to the State Department in Washington, D.C., USA for review by a variety of federal agencies. Due to the number of visas being processed and the heightened security concerns, this review can take as long as 6 to 8 weeks, or longer, depending on the applicant's country of origin. Therefore, we encourage scientists intending to come to the United States to apply for their visa as EARLY AS POSSIBLE and pay careful attention to U.S. State Department guidance in this matter.
For more information, visit https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html.
The most frequent reason that visitor visas are denied is because the applicant was unable to provide enough evidence, in the opinion of the consular officer, that he or she was not intending to immigrate to the United States (per section 214 (b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act). Therefore, we encourage you to pay particular attention to the State Department advice on how to deal with this type of denial.
For more information, visit https://visaguide.world/us-visa/denials.