We are excited about your interest in Keystone Symposia. We think the combination of excellent science and beautiful locations make our meetings memorable in more ways than one! Provided below is a list of items that may make your travels more comfortable.
Prior to Departure:
Always check your television weather channel or weather.com for updates. Great way to really know what to expect and what to pack! Items to bring include:
- Footwear suitable for snow (if applicable)
- Winter coat (if applicable)
- Gloves (if applicable)
- Hat (if applicable)
- Warm socks (if applicable)
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Water bottle (dehydration can be a factor)
- Clothing that will layer easily
- Backpack (for outdoor activity)
- Passport (make a Xerox copy of passport face page)
- Visa (make a Xerox copy of visa)
- Credit card (copy down number and numbers to call if lost)
- Proof of insurance if planning to rent a car
- Driver's license
- Emergency contact information
- Remember airline restrictions on carry-ons
- Airline ticket
- Ground transportation confirmation
- Poster abstract for presenters
- ID on bags
- Snacks for the flight
- Chargers, power converters and attachments for cell phones and computers
Web Sites for Travel Tips:
- Travel Tips & Links
- Weather: www.weather.com
- Visit the High Country Healthcare website or consult your physician for more detailed precautions about altitude sickness. (if applicable)
- Check out the website for the location to which you are traveling.
- The meetings are casual in dress (khakis, jeans, casual shirts, sweaters). Be prepared for the climate to which you are traveling.
- If participating in winter activities, please remember the proper attire such as ski pants, jackets, hats, gloves, etc.
- Most restaurants, activities and transportation will take credit or debit cards but it may be difficult to find a bank to exchange money. Refer to currency exchange information provided under the "Activities and Services" of the location to which you are traveling.
- This is a great opportunity for you to get to know the area. See the local concierge for information on recreation options, or ideas on restaurants and shopping.
- Registration typically begins at 4pm and continues until 8pm.
- Information about the program, poster sessions, activities, restaurants and shopping will be available on the Keystone Symposia message board.
- Generally, there is a welcome mixer from 6-8pm. Check the current program.
During the Meeting:
- Each meeting has a distinct agenda and all meals/refreshments that are provided are listed in the individual meeting agenda.*
- Updated programs, speaker abstracts, poster abstracts, local dining and activities are available on our website.
- All conferees, speakers and organizers must wear their name badge for entrance into all functions. Badges will be checked to gain attendance into the meeting.
* Meeting agendas are subject to change
- If you are calling from outside the US or Canada, you must dial Country Code (+1) and then the 10-digit number.
- If you are calling from within the US or Canada, you can use 800 numbers for free from coin-operated phones.
- Check if the hotel room has charges for calls.
- No recording devices of any sort are allowed at any meeting function including plenary, posters or workshops!
- Cell phones should be turned to "silent" or "off" modes during talks.
- As always we encourage your feedback before, during and after the meeting. We have found this to be the best way for us to continually serve your needs.